Saturday, January 9, 2010

David Tao in Space




Went to David Tao's concert at the SIS tonight.
Excuse me for a second while I...

David Tao! Scream! Shout! Hands cupping my mouth, frantic waving

Didn't take any photos as I din even bring my disappointing camera out. I want to change my camera! It's been giving me lousy pictures (as you can see in my earlier entries). So, sorry, no pictures for you.

I want to give credit to the singer artiste who performed with much gusto to repeatedly tease a highly subdued crowd to loosen up. The man is really singing his heart out, fantastic vocal range and hitting the right notes, stringing the guitar that he changes after every song, breaking into medleys of latin, rock, reggae, ballad.

His albums already sounded great, but my respect for David went up by notches to see him in action, wooing the crowds with multi-performing abilities, charming smile and sense of humor abeit the lack of participation from the crowd.

But the local fans are really what my good friend termed "sophisticated" audience. They don't stand, they don't scream, they don't wave.
So what are they doing in a concert?

Despite an almost immovable audience, David and his superbly skilled team of magicians, I mean, musicians, wowed me. Professionalism at its height.

I am definitely proud of pledging allegience to David Tao! You rock, literally!

4 comments:

  1. Haha :) I'm glad u enjoyed yourself!! :)

    I was standing and screaming and shouting and waving my blue lightsticks since the first song...but my sector was the one which was glued to their seats!! :(

    YES! DT ROCK!!!!! A pity this is his last concert!! And yeah, he really sounds way better doing live shows - something which probably could not tell from his albums. I was seriously wow-ed when i attended his first concert and since then i'd always go for any live performances he has.

    He's brilliant! =)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's his last concert??!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes it is his last concert..he already had 4 series of concerts prior to this rock & talk show!

    he has decided to go into movie making..plus he's v disappointed with the mandarin music industry...yah lor...so sad! sighs. =((((

    ReplyDelete